WHAT IS MAPS GALAXY VIRUS, TOOLBAR AND ALL?
WHAT IS MAPS GALAXY VIRUS?
The Maps Galaxy browser toolbar promises to enhance users’ Internet browsing experience by displaying maps, traffic conditions, and directions. This browser extension is developed by Mindspark and installs on Internet Explorer and Mozilla FireFox. Whilst some Internet users find this toolbar useful, it is categorized as adware, since when installed, this browser add-on modifies Internet browser settings causing redirects to hp.myway.com. Note that the myway.com website is owned by Mindspark, a developer of toolbars, which employs deceptive strategies to promote the aforementioned website. The hp.myway.com website uses a customized Google search engine, and while the search results are legitimate, there is no valid reason to use this website for your daily Internet searches.
The main reason for the imposition of redirects to myway.com is monetization. Mindspark generates revenue when users click on the sponsored search results. The Maps Galaxy toolbar can be downloaded from its homepage, however, it is also commonly bundled with free software. If you see this toolbar in your Internet browsers, and have not willingly installed it, there is a strong likelihood that it was installed together with free software that you downloaded from the Internet.
WHAT IS MAPS GALAXY TOOLBAR?
The Maps Galaxy toolbar is not directly related to virus or malware infections, however, redirects caused by this browser extension categorize it as an unwanted application. This toolbar adds no real value for Internet users – it is merely a collection of links to various traffic-related websites resolved into a single toolbar. If you have willingly installed this browser toolbar, and are aware of the browser redirects to hp.myway.com, you need take no further action. If, however, you feel that Maps Galaxy virus was installed on your Internet browser without your consent, use these removal instructions to eliminate this plug-in and related redirects from your PC.
INSTANT AUTOMATIC MALWARE REMOVAL
Manual threat removal might be a lengthy and complicated process that requires advanced computer skills. Malwarebytes is a professional automatic malware removal tool that is recommended to get rid of malware.
UNINSTALL FROM YOUR COMPUTER
- Click the Start button, then select Control Panel, under Programs, click onUninstall a program.
- Select for Maps galaxy virus Internet Explorer Toolbar, Maps galaxy Firefox Toolbar and Maps Galaxy Toolbar Chrome Extension.
- Right click and select Uninstall/Change.
REMOVE TOOLBAR/HOMEPAGE FROM INTERNET EXPLORER
- Launch your Internet Explorer browser, click on the icon on your top right corner. Select Internet Options.
- Under the Internet Options dialog box, click on the advanced tab, then click on the Reset button. A new prompt window will appear.
- In the Reset Internet Explorer settings section, check the Delete personal settings box, then click on Reset.
- Once the resetting is completed, remember to close and open Internet Explorer again.
REMOVE TOOLBAR/HOMEPAGE FROM MOZILLA FIREFOX
- Open Mozilla Firefox, and click on the Menu on the top right corner of your browser. Select Add-ons.
- Click on Extensions. You will see the Maps galaxy toolbar add-on and select remove.
- Reset your default search engine and homepage from Ask.com to your preferred default settings.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, and click on the Menu on the top right corner of your browser.
- Click on Options.
- Under the General tab, change and type the home page of your choice. Click Ok.
REMOVE TOOLBAR/HOMEPAGE FROM GOOGLE CHROME
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar, select More Tools and then click on Extensions.
- In the Extensions tab, remove MapsGalaxy and any other extensions by selecting the trash can image.
- Revert your default search engine and homepage from Ask.com to your preferred default settings.
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar, select Settings.
- Under Search, select Manage search engines
- Under the Search Engines dialog, select Google and click the Make Default button.
- To remove Ask.com from your search engines option.
Still under the Search Engines dialog, select Ask and click “X” to delete. Once deleted, click done.
Finally, if you want to get rid from maps galaxy virus it is recommended to always keep your antivirus up-to-date and perform weekly full scans. Also, it is advisable that you to do a custom AV scan of any application downloaded from the Internet before you proceed with its installation. If you do not have an antivirus or you need more help, feel free to contact Securityx.